After almost half a year (!) – due to online teaching, holidays and exams – the Music Department was delighted to, at last, host another Senior Open Concert.
Performing on a musical instrument all by yourself, remains one of the toughest things to do. I would therefore like to thank our musicians for being brave enough in sharing their music with us. I would also like to thank the audience for their warm and appreciative applause!
On the “menu” were the following:
• Two stirring piano duets performed by Camagu Mgwedli/Hluma Xako, and Isitha Nduku/Tayla Pretorius
• Yolo Sogoni on saxophone playing an energetic and most enjoyable “Strimpellata”
• Our pianists – John Davies, performing Jackson Street Blues, Buhle Ndlovu – Canzonet, Megan Searle – Somebody to Love, and Hluma Xako playing Blue Air
– an impressive and stylish performance.
• Sesihle Mrara was accompanying Cornelia Rocher on viola, presenting an elegant Minuet.
• Aidan Reynolds performed Syrinx by Claude Debussy. He played it in the foyer of the Music School, not on stage, as this is how the composer intended it to be. It was exquisite!
• Cornelia Rocher presented a very musical performance of Prelude in d minor by J.S. Bach on solo viola.