B uilt in 1902, Espin House was named after the illustrious and scholarly headmaster Canon John Espin, who retired that year. Like Armstrong, this house was designed by William White-Cooper, a man who left his architectural imprint on a number of the city’s schools.
Espin boys are fiercely competitive and loyal. On the sports field they often lead the pack. The house celebrated its centenary in 2002 in style, with 190 old boys attending the reunion events.